Monday, September 5, 2011

3 strikes and I'm out!!

I have come to the conclusion that either
A: I have a serious thing for baseball players
B: All baseball players are douches
C: Me and baseball don't mix
D: All of the above

The correct answer was D, all of the above. Recently I met a handsome young fellow in the produces aisle. Yes, you read that correctly...we met at the grocery store. He was charming, and had the most gorgeous eyes ever. We flirted, he asked for my number, and 2 days later we met up at Starbucks. While sipping my delicious passion fruit non sweetened tea I heard him say that he use to play college baseball. My heart sank, from this point on I knew that my hour long makeup and hair was a waste, along with this conversation.

Over the years of dating I have realized that I am very attracted to baseball players. Here is a quick recap of some of the boys that made the list.

HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL
Dated a few of those in high school. One of them dated on and off for about a year. He was nice, but had his douchey moments. He recently got married, and by recently I mean last week. Congrats!

COLLEGE BASEBALL
There has been a few of those too. Whether they were playing for a community college or a University, I was there cheering them on. I am just thinking of all the wasted shirts that were purchased so I could sport some team spirit... what a joke.

MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL
Oh yes...it happened. He was super sexy. I met him at the last place I worked out. We went on quite a few dates, and still keep in touch. No, I will not tell you his name. Yes, I will tell you that he plays for the Orioles. What position? I'll never tell....all you creeps out there would stop what you are doing and google it....Not that I ever googled Mr.Orioles or anything....Ok, maybe. YOU WOULD TOO!

Now fast forward back to me at Starbucks with handsome across the table. With the words college baseball rolling off his tongue my mind had a flashback of all the baseball douchebagers out there that I dated. How it was all a waste of time, money, and heartache. So since I've hit all bases(high school, college, the majors) there is no need for me to pursue after these charming men. Haven't quite hit any home runs with any of them....Mostly they end up being fowl balls....Sigh...

The Good: Being able to say that I went on many dates with Mr.Orioles. Hollllla!

The Bad: Getting your hopes up while in the produces aisle. I should have known better to head straight to the freezer aisle and get a pint of mint n chip because I'll be eating it a week later being bummed out by stupid boys.

The Dirty: Guys who dip. That is nasty. And so is spitting out sunflower seeds. Yuck! Unattractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment