Sunday, August 28, 2011

Not quite a hole in one.

I've had a few people ask me if I have ever had a good date or relationship, and the answer is of course I have! So, to all of you who have been asking, here is a few splendid little things that happened with the last boy. (If you noticed, I said boy, not man. Catch my drift?)

There once was a guy I dated for about 8-9ish months. Average height, blonde hair, blue eyes, handsome, glimmering white teeth, tan, and freaking HYLARIOUS. This guy knew how to make anyone and everyone laugh. The type of person that you want to be around because they constantly make you smile.

His name was Woods, Tiger Woods. I say this because he once took me out to a fancy golf course for one of our dates. Except we only made it to Hole 2.
Reason 1.) I SUCK at golf.
Reason 2.) The sun had set by the time we got to Hole 2.

Mister T. Woods had to move a few hundred miles away midway through our relationship due to his job. But we still talked everyday, and there was a nice long visit, along with a few care packages here and there. Here are a few things that made Tiger a real catch.....

CARE PACKAGE ITEMS:
  • Cupcakes-he called me cupcake
  • A few books that I had been wanting to read
  • Hot tamales-a candy we would alway share & eat when we watched movies
  • Golf balls-to continue our golfing date that wasn't finished
  • A really sweet love letter
A funny side note....I didn't know he was sending me a package, but I had sent one the same time he did, and we had a few similar things in each of our packages. I sent him a really nice new golf polo so he could wear it when we went out to play again, and also hot tamales. Funny how people think alike.

SWEET THINGS THAT HE DID:
  • He gave me twirling hugs. THOSE ARE THE BEST HUGS EVER!!!!
  • Always opened my door, and would get upset if I even dared to try and open one.
  • Called me sweet names.
  • Would show up randomly at my work just to say that he missed me.
  • Leave me love notes in the most peculiar places.
  • One time he blindfolded me & took me to this huge empty grass field literally in the middle of no where. We laid there talking while watching shooting stars and telling each other our secrets.

However things just didn't feel right with him. It was like there was a piece of the puzzle was missing between us. And it seemed like the week when he came to visit there was 5 more missing pieces that somehow disappeared. Something had vanished from our relationship when he came to visit, and we both secretly knew it. When it came time for him to leave, I drove him to the airport. He gave me one of those really long twirling hugs and ended it with a kiss on the forehead. We said goodbye...and on the way home I cried. I know...why was I crying? I just knew it was over...
Two days later I called him and we both agreed that it wasn't meant to be & we should stop seeing each other. We expressed how much we cared for the other and that we were both really grateful for the time we got to spend with each other over the past few months. And that was it...

Mr. Woods & I still talk to this day. Weird, the other week we were texting about what was new in our lives... I said I got a dog, and so did he. I got a boy, he got a girl. The same week too. He is a good guy, and one girl is going to be very lucky to be with him. Tiger Woods, if you happen to come across reading this, you are an awesome guy & I wish you the best in life.

The Good: A boyfriend who treats you right.

The Bad: Crying in your car...it feels like every person that passes you is staring.

The Dirty: Chocolate cupcakes that opened up in my package & got on my new books. Gross.


1 comment:

  1. So sweet. I told you good guys exist, you just have to find the right one :) I love you.-Beyonce

    ReplyDelete